As Pilates is an individually tailored form of exercise, an initial private assessment with your Pilates practitioner is essential. During this consultation we will discuss your needs and goals based on your lifestyle, work and level of activity, as well as any injuries or concerns you may have. It may also include a Real Time Ultrasound examination of your lower abdominals, which is a great way to know if you’re turning on the right muscles.
When you are ready, we will introduce you to our small group classes (max 4 people) where you can continue to improve and expand your exercises under close supervision. We call them group classes but you will have your own program, exercising at your own pace, and will be set up correctly by your instructor for every exercise. Your instructor will write down every exercise you do, and will progress you each week according to how you are feeling.
Physio Rehab, is Pilates taken by a physiotherapist.
Our Pilates instructors are all certified with a Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction and are continually attending national and world conferences and workshops to keep up to date with the latest in Pilates movement science. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and client care and are passionate about restoring and improving movement.
Pinnacle Physiotherapy also offers Mat Pilates classes at our Dromana clinic. These are small, closely supervised, group classes conducted in our Dromana Fitness Studio.
Physio Rehab Classes taken by physiotherapists Alyssa, Alana, Guy, and Amelia will be charged at a slightly higher rate than our Pilates classes.
The format for all classes is exactly the same, small groups of 4 max, with individually tailored exercise programs.
Physio Rehab classes are recommended for clients who are experiencing significant pathologies or medical conditions requiring physio attention. The great news is that you can claim these classes under physio extras of your health fund.
All of our Pilates instructors here at Pinnacle are very experienced and have attained a high level of formal Pilates training. They come from a variety of clinical and sporting backgrounds. Please see The Team for further information on individual instructors.
- Physio Rehab
- Casual Single Class
- 6 session pass*
- 12 session pass*
- Initial Assessment, 1hr, 1:1
- Private Physio 30min
- Physio Rehab
New payment system for Pilates/Physio Rehab class passes
Physio Rehab Classes
Pay as you go: $45 per class
6 pack*: $225 (Pay for 5, get 1 free. Booked in for 6 consecutive weeks. No alterations permitted)
12 pack*: $405 (Pay for 9, get 3 free. Booked in for 12 consecutive weeks. No alterations permitted)
Pay as you go: $40 per class
6 pack*: $200 (Pay for 5, get 1 free. Booked in for 6 consecutive weeks. No alterations permitted)
12 pack*: $360 (Pay for 9, get 3 free. Booked in for 12 consecutive weeks. No alterations permitted)
- When you purchase a ‘6 pack’ you will be booked in for 6 consecutive weeks from the date nominated. No further changes can be made.
- When you purchase a ’12 pack’ you will be booked in for 12 consecutive weeks from the date nominated. No further changes can be made.
- The purchase of one of these passes, guarantees you a place in the agreed class each week, for 6 or 12 weeks.
- We are no longer able to offer make-up classes if you are unable to attend one or more of your allotted classes, no matter what the reason.
- Please make sure you have paid for your next ‘pack’ before your current ‘pack’ runs out, if you would like to continue on in the same class. Failure to do so means an ongoing place in the class cannot be guaranteed.
- If you need to stop attending at any time, we are happy to refund you the remainder of your unused classes, from the time we receive written confirmation to email@example.com Your refund will be: pack price – (casual price x no. of classes booked in to that point)
- If a public holiday occurs on the day of your class, this will not count as one of your classes. Similarly, if Pinnacle cancels your class for whatever reason, it will not count as one of your classes. In each case you will have an extra week booked in.
- If you hold a permanent spot and you wish to take holidays for more than 3 weeks please speak with your instructor. Your permanent spot cannot be assumed/guaranteed upon your return until this conversation takes place. We will ask that you take a break of 6 weeks, so that we may easily fill your place.
- Health Insurance Funds are changing the way exercise services can be billed. From April 1 2019, Physio Rehab classes can be claimed using Item 560 only. If purchasing a pass, you will not be able to claim until you have completed your attendance as the Health Fund will require the dates of attendance.
- You can “swipe as you go” with your health fund card if you attend a physio rehab class, and pay the casual price.
For further information, or if you have any concerns, please contact our friendly reception staff.